Content Marketing: What is it?
Content marketing is nothing more than an essential strategy in the world of digital marketing and modern advertising. It is a vital tool for large companies to optimize and acquire users.
It involves creating and distributing content with the aim of attracting a specific target audience. In this article, we will discuss content marketing, the Inbound methodology in the field of marketing, its benefits, an overview of a content strategy, and how to plan for these topics.
What is Content Marketing?
One of the vital tools that every marketer must master is content marketing. Before creating advertising content and launching it on social networks, it is necessary to develop a compelling theme that can attract users, provide high-quality content, and make it appealing to them.
Nowadays, everything has changed, and one of the best ways to attract customers is by generating leads—users who have seen your advertising proposal, reconsidered it, and are interested in doing business in the future.
The primary goal of this tool is always to deliver excellent results to your company, increase website traffic, and be recognized for your effort in developing high-quality content.
How Does Content Marketing Relate to Inbound Marketing?
Now that we understand content marketing, we can associate Inbound marketing as a complementary tool to it and a vital utility for customer acquisition through the simple search for user information, such as their preferences regarding different topics or opinions on the article in question.
These digital methodologies have the qualities of obtaining users through advertisements uploaded to various platforms over time. In contrast, inbound marketing focuses on delivering information quickly and accurately to your entire audience, subtly targeting a specific audience.
The components of inbound marketing include:
- Attract: One of the most critical components is attracting customers with content they like or are interested in for potential business.
- Convert: Once you have users, you must convert them into leads. To achieve this, you must provide explicit and comprehensive information about the article to stimulate the interest of these users in the product.
- Sell: If the leads agree to purchase your product, offer them all payment options and other product details if it is part of a promotion with other items.
- Delight: After the purchase, continue to interact with your customers, sending them information about your products and promotions. This fosters trust and encourages repeat business.
What are the Benefits of Content Marketing?
Since content marketing is an excellent tool for acquiring new users, it's important to understand its benefits:
- Increases website traffic: Many people search Google for common articles, which you can talk about or provide on your website. By implementing keywords and proper writing, you can attract users more quickly simply by having the article they've been searching for and exclusive information about it.
- Educates the market: Not all users will want the product you offer on your website. Therefore, it's essential to research and segment your audience. With this knowledge, you'll have specific insights into each user's preferences, allowing you to publish a high-quality or interesting product.
- Stimulates lead generation: In content marketing, the primary focus is on generating leads, which are the foundation of the strategy. With a good audience and advertising, users automatically become curious customers looking for the promoted product.
How to Start a Content Marketing Strategy?
When starting a content marketing strategy, it is essential to clarify the objectives, methodologies, and guidelines to be implemented by the company to achieve these results. To plan all these metrics, focus on creating high-quality content with a compelling theme, appropriate keywords, and suitable language. As you implement these strategies, track the performance of these options and user behavior on the website.
Adapting Content to the Sales Funnel
The use of a sales funnel has been employed by marketing experts for decades, as it reveals the behavior of completed and uncompleted business transactions.
Many users visit your website, view the product, and consider becoming leads. However, some customers choose not to be interested in your product and look for alternatives.
In the end, there are always people interested in your articles, and they are the ones who conclude the business.
Defining Content Distribution Channels
Once you have a large audience and a defined sales funnel, it's time to implement channels to attract more customers to your website or direct them to your brand or advertising content.
Many companies implement content marketing alongside social media to create and distribute information effectively. You can choose the preferred channel for you and the one that best suits your brand. Some publication channels include:
- Corporate Blogs: These platforms help you reach an audience by providing your advertising content, increasing traffic, and generating leads.
- Social Media: These platforms offer significant benefits, making your brand more visible and increasing website visits.
- Videos: Using audiovisual resources is an excellent educational tool to provide information about your article.